Sunday 22 February 2015

Lemon Drizzle Cake

Hey guys I am so sorry I haven't posted for a while but I have been so busy. I thought I would show you guys this really easy lemon drizzle cake. I hope you enjoy it.



For the cake you will need:

7oz/200g butter
7oz/200g caster sugar
Zest of 2 lemons
3 medium eggs
7oz/200g self raising flour

For the drizzle topping you will need:

3oz/85g granulated sugar
Juice of 4 lemons
8 inch round cake tin

Cake

1. You need to pre heat your oven to 180 degrees celcius or gas mark 4.
2. Grease and line your cake tin.
3. Cream your butter, sugar and lemon zest (cream means to stir until fluffy) (to zest your lemon grate the skin of the lemon)
4. Add your eggs one at a time ( if your mixture starts going lumpy and curdling add 1tsp flour)
5. Sift the flour and stir it into the mixture

Drizzle

1. Put your four lemons in the microwave for about 5-10 seconds (this helps the lemon to bring out all it juices)
2. Cut your lemons in half and squeeze the juice into a mixing bowl.
3. Add your granulated sugar to your mixing bowl and stir it into the lemon juice.
4. As soon as your cake is out the oven pierce about 20 holes in the top of your cake.
5. Pour you drizzle all over the cake and let the drizzle sink into the cake.


I hope you enjoyed this lemon drizzle cake recipe if you want to see a video on how to make this I will be posting a video on monday. The link to my youtube is at the very top of my blog underneath my twitter. Thank you so much for reading if you liked it make sure to follow my blog and share it with your friends.
Bye xx


No comments:

Post a Comment