Friday 3 April 2015

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Hi, welcome back to my blog. I know I haven't posted for a while but I will be trying really hard to post frequently from now on. I have always wanted to make red velvet cupcakes, because they look so amazing and are really easy to make. I decided to make them a few days ago and I thought I would share my recipe with you.


This recipe makes 24 cupcakes but you can double or half this recipe depending on how many you would like.

Lets get started.

You will need:

(For the sponge)
235g Self-Raising Flour
15g Cocoa Powder
250g Caster Sugar
3/4 tsp Salt
270g Butter
4 large eggs
3 tbsp Buttermilk
1 tsp Red food colour paste (make sure to use the paste as the liquid is not strong enough)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1.5 tsp Cider Vinegar

(For the icing)
150g Butter
240g Cream Cheese
840g Icing sugar
Red Sprinkles (optional)

To make the cupcakes:

1.Into a bowl place your Self-Raising Flour, Cocoa Powder, Caster Sugar and Salt.
2. Mix these ingredients together until they are well combined.
3.Then mix in your Butter, Eggs and Bicarbonate of Soda.
4. Add your Buttermilk, Cider Vinegar, Vanilla Extract and Red food colour paste.
5.When all of your ingredients are well combined line your cupcake tray with cupcake cases and add your cake batter about 2/3 full.
6.Put your cakes into the oven on gas mark 3/ 170 celsius/325 fahrenheit for about 22 minutes.

To make the icing:

1. Mix your Butter and Cream Cheese until they are light and fluffy.
2.Add half of your icing sugar and mix that in.
3.Do the same with the rest of your icing sugar.
4.You can spread your icing on or pipe it in a piping bag.
5.For extra decoration you can add sprinkles I like to use red.

There you have your completed Red Velvet Cupcakes. If you liked this recipe and want to see more make sure to follow my blog on bloglovin and if you make these these ckaes make sure to send me pictures of them on twitter. My links are at the top of this blog. I got my recipe for CupcakeJemma on youtube and if you would like to watch her make these cupcakes the link is right here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y78RXjEsn04

I will see you guys in my next blog.
Bye xx

1 comment: